My Guatemalan Adventure

Monday, August 07, 2006

A Brief Introduction

This is Cathy, David's wife.

A few months ago, David decided he wanted to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild. Come to find out, he couldn't help out because of his asthma. A few weeks later, he was given the opportunity to sign up with a group going to Guatemala to help out this summer. He jumped at the chance.

He was gone for two weeks and has just returned. In his suitcase, the children and I hid a journal for him, as well as some shirts to remind him of us. Upon his return, I found the journal to be filled with his thoughts while on his trip. I was so happy :)

I thought it would be nice to get the journal entries typed up and all in one place so that our family and friends could read all about David's trip. He has lots of pictures, too. My hope is that he will continue where this journal leaves off with some more stories and he will post his pictures here as well.

Enjoy!!!!
-Cathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home