My Guatemalan Adventure

Monday, August 07, 2006

July 25, 2006

Boy, am I tired! We went to the site today and I did a few different jobs. I filtered rough sand to make fine sand for putting the blocks together with concrete made from it. Also, we made concrete with rough sand and I filled a lot of the holes in the blocks that had rebar with that cement. I am so sore - especially my back.

Everyone here is so nice. My team, the family, and the people in general. I talked a bit with the family today. The little kids are so cute and they had a great time playing with Jessie's camera. We also played soccer with a ton of kids from the village. They are all really good! The ball popped while we were playing but are going to buy them another.

I can't believe I have built something with my own two hands! I am still amazed at being so far from home. I am having a great time and look forward to the next couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home