My Guatemalan Adventure

Monday, August 07, 2006

July 30, 2006

Today was awesome. We went to see a live volcano at Antigua. I had no idea how close we would be able to get to the lava - I stood right next to it! Not for long, of course, but long enough to take a picture. We even walked across the hardened, cooled lava that was over the hot and active lava. The hike was tiresome, but totally worth it. on the way back, I talked to the driver for a long time. My Spanish has really improved since being here. I'm kind of sad because I've gained a lot of weight back since being here.

Yesterday, I walked all around a huge marketplace in Antigua. Our main Habitat guide, Yet, was at the hotel with another group. I can't imagine how much work she does. She is fluent in four languages. The people here are really wonderful. I'm going to miss them a lot. This has really opened up my eyes to the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home