My Guatemalan Adventure

Monday, August 07, 2006

August 2, 2006

Didn't really do jack yesterday. There isn't always enough work at the site to keep everyone busy. Sometimes, the mason has to do some special work and he is very particular about how it's done. I like doing grunt work the best because I feel most useful doing things to prepare the mason for his work. I definitely feel we've moved the project along quite a bit helping out in that capacity. Just a little while ago, I bloodied myself up in a footrace between me and Tyler. I bit it hard doing that thing where you try to run faster than you can. Anyway, it was still fun, but I've literally put my blood into this project now.

I think my roommate is ready to kill me after a full night of snoring. This evening I won't eat and see if that makes a difference. Oh, also yesterday there was a water balloon fight here at the house and pretty much everyone ended up soaked. There was also a lot of trying to teach us salsa dancing by Wendy and Iris. Iris says her future husband isn't allowed to have women at his bachelor party, but she can have men at her bachelorette party! She cracks me up. This morning, I got a shave from a local barber. It was pretty awesome - very smooth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home